Perks HR Pvt. Ltd.
Perks HR Pvt. Ltd is looking for a talented, qualified, and highly motivated individual for the role of Database Administrator in Information
Technology Department which shall be based in Karachi.
Key responsibilities, skillset, and educational requirements are given below.
- Responsible for managing team under the position and coordinating their progress and activities on projects and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Monitor production and DR database and RAC instances, ensuring, its health and availability.
- Manage and maintain DB instances and session information for various application connectivity.
- Manage and maintain database archives on various backup systems that include remote DRS.
- Engage in optimizing processing-intensive queries and troubleshooting related database tuning operations.
- Perform daily database-related operations including End of Day and scripts as per defined SOP.
- Manage and Maintain database patches and system upgrades, this involves deployment complete system landscape and migration of data.
- Manage and maintain documented proofs for production database access, in the form of Ad-Hoc request forms.
- Develop and design the code to extract, format, and present the requested data for various departments of PSX in coordination with the developer and system owners.
- Manage and maintain performance tuning, and capacity planning required to create and maintain the critical databases.
- Responsible for monitoring of data purging and cleaning (washing/removing unwanted characters) activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, to ensure next day smooth Database Operations.
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager.
- Should be able to maintain/Administer large databases.
- Should be able to define and implement backup recovery procedures/schedule, performance tuning, and DB security.
- Maintain, develop and test databases by creating new environments DB synchronization/Replication among all DB services, all levels.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a DBA.
- Relevant certifications of Database (Oracle, HANA, MySQL, Postgres).
- Relevant pieces of training and certifications will be an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com